As Project Managers for the re-development of this iconic hotel, Construction Assignments oversaw the refurbishment of historic structures, the demolition of some non-heritage structures and the construction of new buildings at the extremities of the site.
The Client’s project design, planning approval, program and cost objectives were delivered over 5 years with an exhaustive team of consultants and authorities. Site constraints and characteristics included:
- 1 km long site with highway frontage and 14 or so buildings perched on an escarpment at the rear.
- Heritage and archaeological significance with structural responses to minimize development impacts.
- Ground contamination along with hazardous materials considerations.
- A difficult local council and inquisitive local community with custodianship tendencies.
- Environmentally sensitive design parameters based on escarpment location, natural watercourses, bushfire zoning and vegetation considerations.
- Services upgrades for power, sewer, water, gas and road-widening considerations.